This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in IT and specifically, digital infrastructure and support.
This course is designed to build on students love of digital technologies to gain the skills and experience they will need to pursue a career in different roles in the IT sector, with a focus on Support and hardware technologies.
This qualification is right for you if you are hoping to develop your understanding of both the theory and the practical aspects of the digital industries. The course is assessed through a combination of examination and project work designed and tailored by the employers you will be working with during the course.
The core content of this course covers the following topics:
• how digital technologies impact business and market environment
• the ethical and moral implications of digital technology
• using data in software design
• using digital technologies to analyse and solve problems
• digital environments, including physical, virtual and cloud environments
• legal and regulatory obligations relating to digital technologies
• the privacy and confidentiality of personal data
• the technical, physical and human aspects of internet security
• planning digital projects
• testing software, hardware and data
• digital tools for project management and collaboration
This course sets up learners to prepare them for the next step of their career- be that through an academic university route, or straight into employment or apprenticeship. The grade is equivalent to three A levels and was designed in line with employer requirements to prepare students for life in the IT industries.
Career options might include becoming an infrastructure technician or a role in IT support. Students can progress into roles such as an IT Technician, IT Helpdesk Technician or IT Security Coordinator.