This course lasts 11 weeks and it is ideal for students who have no or low level of digital skills.
You will receive a nationally recognised qualification when you complete your course and pass your final assessment.
This course is free if you:
· are a UK resident
· are aged 19 or over
· do not have the essential digital skills required to operate effectively in work
and day- to -day life.
You will learn about 5 essential areas:
– using devices and handling information – hardware, software, searching and navigating
– creating and editing – learning to use apps to enter and edit information, recording /saving multimedia
– communicating – sending and receiving emails, for example
– transacting – e-commerce, completing and submitting an online form and buying online
– online safety and responsibilities – digital wellbeing, data protection and privacy.
Once you have mastered the skills above, you will be ready to progress onto the Essential Digital Skills Level 1 qualification.