This T Level qualification is a two year program split into 2 main components: the Core, which is assessed by external exams and covers subject areas such as business management and health and safety and an employer set project; and an Occupational Specialism which is assessed by synoptic assignment.
Within the Occupational Specialism students will cover five performance outcomes:
1) Apply research methods to collect and analyse scientific information on animal conservation
2) Observe the behaviour, security and breeding practices of animals
3) Plan for and manage the good health and welfare of animals
4) Carry out safe animal handling practices
5) Plan, perform, record and communicate findings of scientific investigations in animal science (please note the performance outcomes are currently subject to change)
Students can progress from studying the T-level into employment and/or onto University as they are designed to develop excellent employability skills as well as the academic skills required for higher education study.