– Report on the condition of the golf course to the Golf Course Manager and employer
– Allocate work and supervise the greenkeeping team in accordance with agreed maintenance plans.
– Supervise the preparation of the golf course in accordance with the Rules of Golf.
– Survey, collect, record and interpret data on the golf course including soil and water analysis.
– Promote good environmental practice on the golf course.
– Evaluate, plan and prepare and set out sites for renovation on the golf course and the clubhouse surrounds.
– Supervise, plan maintenance, construction, repair and renovation projects on the
golf course and clubhouse surrounds.
– Estimate resource requirements and programme turf maintenance work on the golf course, in accordance with the course policy document.
– Prepare, establish and maintain golf course playing surfaces.
– Supervise and carry out the preparation, maintenance and storage of machines for use.
– Supervise and undertake the operation, maintenance and servicing of irrigation and drainage systems. – An understanding of key health, safety and environmental legislation and regulations to ensure a safe working environment for self, team
and others, on the golf course and in the maintenance facility.
– Common aspects of soil and plant biology to promote best practices to produce sustainable playing surfaces.
– How to plan and implement maintenance, improvement and renovation programmes for the golf course making the optimum use of human and physical resources available.
– How to install, service, operate and maintain an irrigation and drainage system.
– How to operate software systems to ensure effective communication and record keeping.
– The importance of data collection and interpretation to ensure sustainable quality playing surfaces.
– Be aware of the importance of the Rules of Golf, golf course etiquette and how they impact on the playing of the game of golf.
– How to promote the importance of customer service to the greenkeeping team.
– Identify the appropriate form of communication (written, verbal, electronic) and evaluate the best solution for different circumstances.
– The importance of good working relationships, needs of others and equality and diversity of others at the golf facility.